Theme: Connections: Embrace, Entangle, and Amplify
Plan to attend this exciting conference, featuring health care professionals and educators from across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who share your passion for education and lifelong learning. Prepare to take part in an active learning environment and engage in interactive sessions to help you grow and excel in your role as a health care professional and educator. Visit interactive exhibits and network with fellow colleagues during this two-day educational event. If you work in secondary/postsecondary education, a health care facility, or long-term care education, this conference is designed for you. PSNA and Act 48 hours will be provided.
This year’s conference will provide you with excellent opportunities to:
- participate in hands-on educational activities to help you master practical strategies for teaching and learning
- explore cutting-edge educational technology designed to decrease the workload of educators while providing a high-quality educational experience for students
- promote student development and training by learning how to use your textbook to enhance student reading abilities and comprehension
- discover what the future holds for patients and health care providers in the wake of health literacy
- connect with a network of health care workforce educators
- receive updates from NATCEP and Pearson VUE for nurse aide instructors
- explore ways to be prepared for emergencies and teach disaster preparedness
- visit interactive exhibits to enhance your knowledge about products and services available to increase your teaching potential
Keynote speaker Jen Lara, Professor of Education, Anne Arundel Community College and Center for Innovative Instruction, will present ideas on how to embrace, entangle, and amplify your professional practice, classroom, and life.
What Are the Three “Must Have” Skills Needed to Teach and Lead Today? In this interactive keynote, Jen Lara encapsulates her formula for success in teaching and leading in the twenty-first century: embrace, entangle, and amplify. Come identify which core values you naturally embrace, entangle others in a web of connection, and amplify what we all know you have – awesomeness!
Join roundtable networking discussions to explore topics such as:
- hospice/palliative care
- effective clinicals, incorporating ACT 14 into your teaching
- formative assessment strategies for the nurse aide classroom
- promoting leadership within your organization and classroom
- exploring and teaching diversity within your organization and classroom
- infection control updates and FAQ’s
- strategies to maximize your textbook and student comprehension
Our concurrent sessions will provide a variety of information on topics pertinent for health care educators, as well as nurse aide educators. Sessions will include, but are not limited to:
- What You Need to Know – NATCEP Update
- Using Your Textbook Effectively (reading strategies) Literacy Strategies to Engage Students
- Testing Tips and Techniques to Ensure Student Success
- Reflective Demonstrations Lead to Successful Students
- Helping Students Prepare to Respond to Today’s Emergencies
- Promoting Health Literacy
Pampering Session — Back by Popular Demand!
Join us for our popular pampering session on Thursday at 4:30 p.m. Come to this exciting reception to meet the representatives from Hartman Publishing and PDE representatives, visit exhibits, mingle with colleagues, and pamper yourself with a manicure and chair massage! Sample delicious food and sip on a beverage of your choice! Network with colleagues and discover new ideas as you enjoy this session. A special thank you goes to Hartman Publishing for sponsoring this event.
Exhibitors will be available to demonstrate and discuss their latest resource materials that will enhance your professional practice and teaching strategies and engage your students in active learning!
College of Nursing, and many others!