Registration now open!
Theme: Facing Challenges, Exploring the Possibilities
Plan to attend this exciting conference, featuring health care professionals and educators from across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who share your passion for education and lifelong learning. Prepare to take part in an active learning environment and engage in interactive sessions to help you grow and excel in your role as a health care professional and educator. Visit interactive exhibits and network with fellow colleagues during this two-day educational event. If you work in secondary/postsecondary education, a health care facility, or long-term care education, this conference is designed for you. PSNA and Act 48 hours will be provided.
This year’s conference will provide you with excellent opportunities to:
- Connect with a network of health care workforce educators
- Receive updates from NATCEP and Pearson VUE for nurse aide instructors
- Enhance your knowledge about the unique healthcare needs of veterans and clients from the LGBTQ community.
- Practice and learn effective stress reduction techniques
- Explore the teaching possibilities for low-tech and high-tech simulation in your classroom
- Visit interactive exhibits to enhance your knowledge about products and services available to increase your teaching potential
- Become knowledgeable about legal issues that may impact your teaching and nursing practice
Join roundtable networking discussions to explore topics such as:
- Geriatric Medication Update/ Polypharmacy
- ACT 14, Abuse Prevention Updates
- Innovations for Geriatric Care
- Stress Reduction Techniques and Resilience Exercises
- Legal issues and considerations for the Nurse Aide Instructor and Nurse Aide Student
Conference sessions will provide a variety of information on topics pertinent for health care educators, as well as nurse aide educators. Sessions will include, but are not limited to:
- What You Need to Know – NATCEP Update
- Pearson View- Nurse Aide Testing Process and Preparations for Student Success
- Addressing the Special Needs of Veterans
- LGBTQ Considerations and Training for the Healthcare Professional
- Enhancing CPR Skills through Simulation
- Simulation Brainstorming and Exploration for Student Engagement and Learning
Pampering Session — Back by Popular Demand!
Join us for our popular pampering session on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. Come to this exciting reception to meet the representatives from Hartman Publishing and PDE representatives, visit exhibits, mingle with colleagues, and pamper yourself with a manicure and chair massage! Sample delicious food and sip on a beverage of your choice! Network with colleagues and discover new ideas as you enjoy this session. A special thank you goes to Hartman Publishing for sponsoring this event.
Exhibitors will be available to demonstrate and discuss their latest resource materials that will enhance your professional practice and teaching strategies and engage your students in active learning!
Michele Gonsman, Legal Nurse Consultant
College of Nursing, and many others!