Our 2022 conference is focused on providing participants with vital information about safety and engagement for both health care and educational settings. We will share essential updates for nurse aide programs and review ways to revitalize nursing and teaching skills. This year’s theme is Living and Teaching with Purpose, Perspective, and Passion. Participants will have the opportunity to network with colleagues and share best practices to help cultivate an environment of safety and engagement for themselves and for their students.
Conference sessions will be delivered in person on November 3 and 4 at our new venue, the Wyndham Garden State College.
At the 2022 conference, participants can:
- connect with a network of health care workforce educators
- receive updates from NATCEP and Pearson VUE for nurse aide instructors
- visit exhibits to enhance their knowledge about products and services available to increase their teaching potential
- hear from experts in the field on relevant issues, research, and strategies
Conference sessions will provide information on a variety of topics pertinent for health care educators as well as nurse aide educators. Sessions include:
- NATCEP updates from PDE
- Credentia: Testing Tips and Techniques to Ensure Student Success
- Panel Discussion: Recommendations for Improving Resident Center Care in a Long-Term Care Nursing Facility
- Breakout sessions, including:
- Forks, Knives, and Spoons: Tools for Appetizing Teaching and Learning
- Tiny Bites: An Introduction to Microlearning
- Using the Dementia Friends Program to Help Your Students Raise Awareness of Dementia Patient Needs
Please visit the schedule page for session details.
This conference is organized and facilitated by the Workforce Education and Development Department within the College of Education.