Information about the 2023 conference is expected to be available in summer 2023. The information for 2022 is shown below for reference.
Our 2022 conference was focused on providing participants with vital information about safety and engagement for both health care and educational settings. We shared essential updates for nurse aide programs and reviewed ways to revitalize nursing and teaching skills. The theme was Living and Teaching with Purpose, Perspective, and Passion. Participants had the opportunity to network with colleagues and share best practices to help cultivate an environment of safety and engagement for themselves and for their students.
Conference sessions were delivered in person on November 3 and 4 at our new venue, the Wyndham Garden State College.
At the 2022 conference, participants could:
- connect with a network of health care workforce educators
- receive updates from NATCEP and Pearson VUE for nurse aide instructors
- visit exhibits to enhance their knowledge about products and services available to increase their teaching potential
- hear from experts in the field on relevant issues, research, and strategies
Conference sessions provided information on a variety of topics pertinent for health care educators as well as nurse aide educators. Sessions included:
- NATCEP updates from PDE
- Credentia: Testing Tips and Techniques to Ensure Student Success
- Panel Discussion: Recommendations for Improving Resident Center Care in a Long-Term Care Nursing Facility
- Breakout sessions, including:
- Forks, Knives, and Spoons: Tools for Appetizing Teaching and Learning
- Tiny Bites: An Introduction to Microlearning
- Using the Dementia Friends Program to Help Your Students Raise Awareness of Dementia Patient Needs
Please visit the schedule page for session details.
This conference is organized and facilitated by the Workforce Education and Development Department within the College of Education.